What makes us different to other Surf Schools - what are our advantages?
- We operate (where possible) from a commercial shop. We have shops at Anglesea, Torquay, Surfers Paradise and a summer shop at Lorne.
- We run a full time business which operates year round at all our locations.
- We have a professional operation which includes proper permits at all our locations, with Public Liability Insurance, properly trained staff and the best available equipment.
- We are fully accredited members of Surfing Australia surf schools .
- We are fully accredited with the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program.
- We have been industry leaders for many years with most other surf schools trying to copy our procedures and systems and our advantages.
Our Head Office at Anglesea in Victoria incorporates a National Team which backs up all locations. It includes a full time Accountant, a National Group bookings manager, a National Business Development Manager, a full time and a part time Director (2 additional full time Directors are based at Noosa Heads and Surfers Paradise).
Go Ride A Wave is highly computerised. We have utilised our own online bookings program for several years. Staffing, wages, availability and staff and equipment logistics are all handled through our own Access group bookings program. We are in the process of changing from utilising a Server at Anglesea and allowing staff to dial into it through Remote Desktop, to utilising the Cloud to allow all staff easier access to our new bookings program.
Go Ride A Wave has passionate instructing staff, innovative instructional techniques, more than 28 years instructional know-how and all our instructors are qualified surf life savers.
Our locations include 5 main locations along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria – Anglesea, Torquay, Ocean Grove, Lorne and Wye River.
We also have 4 main locations in Queensland – Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and Kirra on the Gold Coast, as well as Noosa Heads on the Sunshine Coast.