Go Ride A Wave’s company highlights include being the largest Surf School in Australia with multiple operations in Victoria and Queensland.
- Go Ride A Wave was established in Anglesea in 1987.
- Our National Head Office on Great Ocean Road opened in 1996.
- We established Over the Edge, a division of Go Ride A Wave, which specifically caters for the corporate and conference market, in 1992.
- We established Go Paddling as a kayaking division in 1994.
- Our Torquay Shop opened in 1999.
- We started a separate warehouse, storage and maintenance area in Anglesea in 2001.
- Go Ride A Wave acquired a surf school and shop on the beach end of Cavill Avenue at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast in 2004.
- We then opened another warehouse, storage and maintenance facility at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast in 2005.
- Go Ride A Wave opened a separate retail outlet under Surfers International Hotel at Surfers Paradise in 2006.
- We acquired a retail outlet and began surf school operations in Noosa in 2006.
- Go Ride A Wave is a Major local employer on the Victorian Surf Coast, with more than 70 employees.
- We also provide surf lessons for more than 50,000 customers each year.
- 25th Anniversary celebrations included a Guiness Book of World Records attempt to have the most surfers on one wave. As a result, we achieved 120 in 2012.
- Go Ride A Wave bought another surf school and began operations at Kirra Point on the Gold Coast on 10 September 2016
Go Ride A Wave’s company highlights include being the surf school industry leaders in Australia for almost 30 years.
- Go Ride A Wave was the first professional surf school in Australia.
- In addition, owners and directors were the first professional life guards on Anglesea Beach.
- We consulted to several outdoor adventure companies around Australia and as a result helped them improve their standards and operational processes.
- We invested in the development of the first soft G Boards, manufactured in Australia, specifically for use in Surf Schools.
- Go Ride A Wave contributed content to the Adventure Activity Standards Working Party.
- Peter Fidler (MD) was a founding member and President of the Surf Schools Association of Australia for 5 years, 1998-2002.
- Go Ride A Wave is now a leading surf school member of Surfing Australia.